EDT 500 Educational Technology

Monday, February 27, 2006

No More Beige Computers!

I'm so excited! Last week my classroom received two brand new computers....and they're not beige (they're black)! So far this school year my teaching partner and I have put the Edmark series (Bailey's Bookhouse, Trudy's Time and Place, Millie's Math House, etc.) on our computers. We are encouraged to have the children on Fast Forward (a drill and practice reading program); however, we let the children choose. Some children benefit more from creative thinking programs. My goal is to incorporate Kid Pix into an insect unit I'm creating for a curriculum and assessment class I'm taking. The unit will begin in early April. I'm excited to incorporate technology into the unit in a meaningful way.

Two weeks ago we had a professional development meeting devoted to technology in the classroom. I was taught (again) how to use Inspiration and Kidspiration software. Those two programs are installed on all of our computers. We were also informed how to check out the laptops on a cart to use with our classroom; however, Kindergarten wasn't included :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home